Certificate in Communication Studies, IACT
The 18-month programme is a pre-requisite to enable students with less than three credits to pursue a Diploma of their choice.
To enrol in this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- SPM/O-Level – minimum of 1 credit
- Minimum of grade B in 3 subjects – UEC
- Other qualifications recognised by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and considered on a case-by-case basis
- English requirement of: SPM – Pass/ UEC – C8
18 Months (Full-time)
April & August
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed, allowing students to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Provide students with both theoretical and practical skills that are related to various fields in the media and communication industry.
- Assist students in developing research skills that are suited for media and communication studies at tertiary level.
- Foster critical, creative and constructive thinking through exposing students to past and current issues within the media and communication industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge and transferable skills, especially those relevant to the practice of marketing, including analytical, critical, individual and team skills.
- Build up students in necessary soft-skills to ensure that quality work is matched with quality communication.
- Communication English 099
- Communication English 100
- Communication Theories 1
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Computer Skills 1
- Introduction to Design
- Introduction to Marketing
- Presentation Skills
- Business and Social Etiquette
- Communication Theories 2
- Communication English 101
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Introduction to Computer Skills 2
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Introduction to TV and Radio
- Problem Solving Skills
- Professional Writing
- Design Fundamentals
- Desktop Publishing
- Introduction to Journalism
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Introduction to Radio and TV Broadcasting
CAREER ADVISOR.ASIA CAN :
ANSWER YOUR COURSE QUESTIONS
GIVE ADVICE ON JOB OUTCOMES
EXPLAIN FINANCE OPTIONS AND HELP YOU ENROL
Still have questions? Contact us.