Diploma in Mass Communication, IACT
The programme offers a broad spectrum of modules that create paths towards vast career directions salient in Mass Communications. Students will graduate with an impressive skill set and knowledge pertinent to the creative communications industry.
To enrol in this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- SPM/O-Level – minimum of 3 credits
- Minimum of grade B in 3 subjects – UEC
- Pass Certificate in Communication Studies from IACT College
- Other qualifications recognised by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and considered on a case-by-case basis
- English requirement of: SPM – Grade C/ UEC – B6/ IELTS – Band 5.5
2.5 Years (Full-time)
January, April, June & August
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed, allowing students to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Describe various disciplines of communication such as public relations, event management, journalism, creative writing, broadcasting and media production.
- Demonstrate critical thinking through application of communication theories in different contexts of communication in their workplace.
- Apply various skills in the communications industry such as broadcasting, journalism and public relations.
- Evaluate social, professional and ethical issues related to various communication disciplines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and presentation skills to express ideas clearly and creatively.
- Work independently and with others to achieve project goals, demonstrating creativity and confidence in decision-making and a positive attitude in handling tasks.
- Advertising Principles
- Communication English 102
- Communication English 103
- Computer Graphics
- Creative Thinking
- Introduction to Sociology
- Mass Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Principles of Journalism
- Public Relations
- Convergent Journalism
- Media and Culture
- Media Ethics and Regulations
- Media Criticism
- Motion Graphics
- Photography and Digital Imaging
- Publicity and Media Relations
- Video Production
- Writing for Different Media
- In-Company Practical Training
- Idea Conceptualisation
- New Media Studies
- PR Campaign Strategies
- Public Relations: Corporate Communication (Elective)
- Public Relations: Corporate Crisis Management (Elective)
- Journalism: Fundamentals of Publishing (Elective)
- Journalism: Print Journalism (Elective)
- Broadcasting and Media Production: Broadcast Portfolio (Elective)
- Broadcasting and Media Production: Programme Management – TV, Radio and Internet (Elective)
CAREER ADVISOR.ASIA CAN :
ANSWER YOUR COURSE QUESTIONS
GIVE ADVICE ON JOB OUTCOMES
EXPLAIN FINANCE OPTIONS AND HELP YOU ENROL
Still have questions? Contact us.