Diploma in Communication, Veritas University College
The Diploma in Communications programme is created specifically to prepare students for general communication positions within either the public or the private sector. The comprehensive curriculum provides students with all the knowledge and skills required to be attractive and desirable by employers of all types.
To enrol in this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- 3 SPM / O-Level Credits, OR
- 3 B’s in UEC (Pass in Bahasa Malaysia), OR
- SKM (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia) upon completion of Level 1,2 and 3, OR
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the Government of Malaysia
- Pass the interview/drawing test or portfolio assessment for candidate who do not have an art subject in SPM
2 Years (Full-time)
January, May & September
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic, and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Understand the role of marketing and communications within the business and explore the impact of marketing on society, industry and the natural environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply classical and contemporary principles of marketing within business planning.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate advanced communication and marketing strategies for organisations that operate in complex environments.
- Apply their understanding of different domains of knowledge and the different perspectives in the study and practice of marketing and communications, in both domestic and international contexts.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner and appreciate new emerging ideas and trends affecting the marketing industry.
- Learning Skills for Open and Distance Learners
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Organisational Behavior in Multi Ethnic Society
- English Proficiency
- Human Communication 1
- Communication Theory
- Computer Application
- English Proficiency 2
- English for Workplace Communication
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Public Speaking
- Writing for the media
- Kemahiran Keusahawanan 1
- Introduction to Communication
- Media, Society and Culture 1
- Principles of Corporate Communication
- Communication Research Methods
- Mass Communication
- Media, Society and Culture 2
- Corporate Communication 2
- Communication Strategies
- Community Service 1
- Communication in a Globalised World
- Internship and report writing
- Writing for the media 2
CAREER ADVISOR.ASIA CAN :
ANSWER YOUR COURSE QUESTIONS
GIVE ADVICE ON JOB OUTCOMES
EXPLAIN FINANCE OPTIONS AND HELP YOU ENROL
Still have questions? Contact us.