Foundation in Media Studies, IACT
The 13-month programme exposes students to the fundamentals of creative communications, media and design. The syllabus gives students the flexibility to enrol into any of the UK Degrees offered at IACT College. The curriculum is designed to prepare students with critical thinking and communication skills needed to succeed in a UK Degree.
To enrol in this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- SPM/O-Level – minimum of 5 credits
- Minimum of grade B in 3 subjects – UEC
- Other qualifications recognised by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and considered on a case-by-case basis
- English requirement of: SPM – Grade C/ UEC – B6/ IELTS – Band 5.0/ IEP – Level 3
13 Months (Full-time)
January, April & August
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed, allowing students to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Identify and apply various communications discipline through analysis of media communications at tertiary level.
- Recognise and discuss a variety of theoretical models of communication.
- Demonstrate awareness of key concepts within media communications studies at tertiary level.
- Conduct basic academic research and demonstrate critical and creative thinking at tertiary level.
- Demonstrate tertiary level proficiency in written projects and verbal presentations.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, self-confidence and lifelong learning skills in the area of media communications.
- Establish an understanding of social professional and ethical issues related to various media communications disciplines.
- English 1
- Media and Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Academic Writing
- Media Theory and Analysis
- Design Fundamentals
- Desktop Publishing
- Introduction to Journalism
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Introduction to Radio and TV Broadcasting
CAREER ADVISOR.ASIA CAN :
ANSWER YOUR COURSE QUESTIONS
GIVE ADVICE ON JOB OUTCOMES
EXPLAIN FINANCE OPTIONS AND HELP YOU ENROL
Still have questions? Contact us.